Some of Ms. Germond’s Latest Writings
InsuranceWriter Blog Entries
Visit Ms. Germond’s blog to read these and many other interesting and informative posts.
- Top 10 Emerging Social Risks in 2015
- Make the Most of Your Training: Ms. Germond describes her participation in a teleconference sponsored by the Society of Insurance Trainers and Editors and hosted by the Insurance Institute.
- Writing Coaches: Ms. Germond discusses why you might want to consider hiring a writing coach for your younger workers.
- Get Ahead of the Market Madness: Ms. Germond discusses how she can help you ramp up your business as the economy turns back upward.
- Diversity a Great Topic for the Insurance Industry: Ms. Germond describes her experience with and insights into workplace diversity.
“Risk Management for the 21st Century” Blog Entries
Ms. Germond also writes a blog for AllBusiness at Risk Management for the 21st Century. Here are a few of her many posts.
- Disability in America Is Increasing: Ms. Germond discusses the alarming increase in disability claims. She then describes why and how to create a properly crafted return-to-work program.
- Employment Practices Insurance a Growing Need for Small Business: If your busines has employees, the growing number of labor and employment claims should concern you. Ms. Germond describes why you may need employment practices insurance.
- A Step-by-Step Process to Reduce Losses: Most workplace accidents and injuries are preventable. Ms. Germond gives five simple steps to reduce losses from these potential “business killers.”
- Build a Stronger Organization in 2010: A major part of a company’s mission should be to send its employees home safely. Ms. Germond describes the characterstics of companies with a healthy attitude toward safety.
Ms. Germond is also published in a variety of other forums.
- Supply Chain Risk: Hidden Exposures for Your Company
- I’m a New Motorcycle Owner: What Are My Insurance Options?
- Tool Enables You to Show the True Cost of Injuries: Having a hard time convincing managers that injuries and resulting disabilities drastically impact your premiums? The ModMaster tool can help.
- Keeping Adjusters Out of Harm’s Way: Published in the 2021 issue of INSIGHTS by the CPCU Society, this article discusses some of the physical and human hazards faced by today’s adjusters and considers ways to help keep adjusters safe.
Ms. Germond has written a growing number of white papers.
- Computer Modeling Tames Super-Cat Hurricane Risk
- Microinequities: Are you discriminating against others in subtle ways? This paper will help you clean up your act.
- Brain Drain: Are you losing your most effective workers? Ms. Germond will show you how to retain them.
Kind words from some of our clients.
“I’m happy to recommend Nancy Germond to anyone looking for a gifted insurance writer. Nancy suggests timely, appropriate ideas and is very comfortable with the subject matter, but as important, she organizes and writes extremely well. I can rely on her to be accurate and original, and don’t hesitate to recommend her services to others.”
Ready to Go Newsletters
“I just disseminated your cell-phone policy to all managers. Thank you so much for helping me with this important issue. You are still making a difference in the City of Prescott!”
City of Prescott
“I love working with you because I rarely have to change one word of your material!”
Carol Perkins, Editor
Workers’ Comp Bottom Line
“My company was invited to quote the insurance on a very large retail distributor; their risk management department required that we answer their RFP. We had never responded to an RFP so we searched for some help and found Nancy Germond. I sent Nancy an email and spoke with her shortly after; I knew immediately that I had found a real professional.
We had a short fuse to respond to the RFP and we were running into the weekend; Nancy never hesitated and she made us feel really comfortable.
The final product was fantastic and even the risk manager commented about our RFP.
We will continue to use Nancy for many projects within my company.”
Richard Genatt, CEO
Genatt V LLC